6 September 2013

Magnificent Dancing (Colourzone Reproduction Of A Larry Levan Live Garage Remix)

 
I was priviledged to have been able to visit
the Paradise Garage a few times
between 1979 and 1982.
It was during those visits
that I got to experience first hand
the genius of Larry Levan.
This Mix is a result of one of
those nights when Larry had
worked out his own remix of
this Magnificent track.
I recall looking around at one point
and seeing everybody
Deep in a Trance, since he
had extended this track
for at least 20 minutes on
his Reel 2 Reel Deck and then
proceeded to add live
reverb and echo effects.
It blew me away and it has
forever remained recorded
into my brain.
This is my reproduction.
 

3 comments:

  1. Genius mix indeed! Great reconstruction Paul. I still play the original 7". Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gracias por la musica y su tiempo maestro saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gracias por la musica y su tiempo maestro saludos.

    ReplyDelete